My Bridal Shower

by forloveofcarrots on June 10, 2014

Oh my gosh this weekend was jam packed with so much fun I did not want it to end!

On Saturday a few of my mom’s friends and my bridesmaids hosted my bridal shower. The shower started around noon and when I arrived fashionably late the party was bumping. So many family and friends local and out of town made the trip to CT to the shower and I cannot express how special I felt. I am soo grateful for all the people the wonderful people I have in my life.

The decorations were so very me and I loved it all.
flowers

tent

IMG_3073
For lunch they set up a salad bar which I obviously loved and everyone seemed to love too.
salad bar

I sat at the head of the table with my mom and Jeff’s mom. I was soo happy Jeff’s mom was able to make it for the shower! Her trip was very quick but it meant so much that she came!
moms

After lunch we played a couple games. My favorite one was when everyone had to write their favorite memory about me and I had to guess who wrote it. It was such a nice way to take a walk down memory lane and did a pretty good job of guessing who wrote what.
games

games
After games I opened presents, we got soo spoiled and feel very lucky to have gotten so many great things! As you can see I got lots of bows!
bridesmaids

The day went all to quickly and I was really sad when it was all over. Thankfully a couple of my college friends stayed for the weekend. I am so glad we all got to spend time together and reminisce about college days, I wish I could see them more often!
york

I went to bed on Sunday night so happy that I got to see so many people on Saturday but sad that it was already over.

How was your weekend?

Have you ever been to a bridal shower? What was your favorite part?

Mary June 10, 2014 at 5:59 am

Sounds like a lovely weekend! We don’t have bridal showers in the UK but we play games like the memory one as part of our hen do (bachelorette party). I had my been do a couple of weeks back and was so spoilt with all of the things my bridesmaids organised for me!
Mary recently posted..The guestbook has arrived!My Profile

forloveofcarrots June 11, 2014 at 12:14 pm

I think it is so funny they call it a hen do in the UK! I am curious as to where the name came from.

Maria @ Pappa Don't Preach June 10, 2014 at 1:10 pm

I loved seeing these pictures! It looks like such an amazing day with all of your loved ones and your dress was extra fab! Now it just means your big day is closer! woot woot!
Maria @ Pappa Don’t Preach recently posted..Bondi Band Headbands – No Slip, No Drip {Giveaway}My Profile

forloveofcarrots June 11, 2014 at 12:15 pm

thanks!! I know, it is going to be here before we know it!

Caitlin June 10, 2014 at 1:10 pm

What a fun fun fun day and I’m so sorry again that I missed it! I would have loved the memory game and am debating right now about what I would have written down for ours! Happy you felt so special, it’s how you deserve to feel.
Caitlin recently posted..Whale of a TimeMy Profile

forloveofcarrots June 11, 2014 at 12:16 pm

ha now I am curious what your memory would be!

Gramma June 10, 2014 at 2:14 pm

HI Sweets………It was so fun to see the pictures. What a great party! Just sorry I couldn’t be there. BUT I’ll be there in August. Can hardly wait.

Keep on keeping on! love you lots

forloveofcarrots June 11, 2014 at 12:18 pm

thanks gramma! I wish you could have been there, but your gift was so special to me!