10 ten books I read in 2013

by forloveofcarrots on December 19, 2013

Last year I did a round up of the top 10 books I read in 2012 and wanted to do a round up this year as well. Thanks to goodreads its easy for me to keep track of all the books I have read!

1.) Is everyone hanging out without me?- Mindy Kalling
Mindy is seriously hilarious in this book and had me laughing out loud the whole time!
mindy

2.) Reconstructing Amelia- Kimberly McCreight
ReconstructingAmelia hc c.JPG
This novel follows Kate a single mother as she reconstructs her daughters life in an effort to figure out what really happened to her.

3.) Revenge Wears Prada- Lauren Weisberger
If you read the Devil Wear’s Prada you will certainly want to pick this one up.
revenge

4.) Lucky- Alice Sebold
lucky
This book is a memoir and follows the author as she describes a horrific rape as an eighteen-year-old college freshman, the arrest and trial of her attacker, and her struggle to reclaim her shattered life.

5.) Labor Day- Joyce Maynard
labor day
Henry and his mother Adele seem to be lonely lost souls until an encounter changes their life.

6.) The Night Circus- Erin Morgenstern
night circus
It is called Le Cirque des Rêves, and it is only open at night. But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway: a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them both, this is a game in which only one can be left standing

7.) If I stay- Gayle Foreman
if i stay
In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck.

8.) Where She Went (sequel to above book)- Gayle Foreman
where she went
It’s been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam’s life forever

9.) White Oleander- Janet Fitch
white_oleander
When Astrid’s mother, a beautiful, headstrong poet, murders a former lover and is imprisoned for life, Astrid becomes one of the thousands of foster children in Los Angeles. As she navigates this new reality, Astrid finds strength in her unshakable certainty of her own worth and her unfettered sense of the absurd.

10.) Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children- Random Riggs
miss peregrines
A horrific family tragedy sends Jacob 16 to a remote island off Wales, to the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, where he finds unusual old photographs. The children, one his grandfather, were more than peculiar, perhaps dangerous, quarantined for good reason – and maybe still alive.

Have you read any of the books I mentioned? What was your favorite?

What was your favorite book you read this year?

Caitlin December 19, 2013 at 2:56 pm

i’m surprised i don’t recall you mentioning some of these! so i’m off to add them to my list. just what it needs!
Caitlin recently posted..Swanson 30-Day Healthier Holiday GiveawayMy Profile

forloveofcarrots December 19, 2013 at 8:25 pm

haha, your never ending list!

Danielle @ LabelsAreForTinCans December 19, 2013 at 3:59 pm

I didn’t even know there was a second devil wears prada book! Great to know.
Danielle @ LabelsAreForTinCans recently posted..Turning 25: Twenty-Five Things I’ve LearnedMy Profile

forloveofcarrots December 19, 2013 at 8:26 pm

yes, its so good!

Sarah @PickyRunner December 19, 2013 at 4:02 pm

I just finished the Revenge Wears Prada (I was sad when it was finished) and now i’m on the lookout for more books so I’ll for sure be adding these to my kindle list!
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Changing the MindsetMy Profile

forloveofcarrots December 19, 2013 at 8:26 pm

well don’t worry, they will make it into a movie so you can re-live it! I really enjoyed it though and was sad when it ended but I liked they way it ended.

Davida @ the Healthy Maven December 19, 2013 at 5:09 pm

So we have the same taste in books minus the Night Circus which I didn’t like! Loved the new Khaled Hosseini book and am a sucker for Sarah Jio’s chick-lit. To be honest though my reading has drastically reduced this year which I’m sad about :( My book club keeps me sort of on top of it though!
Davida @ the Healthy Maven recently posted..Baking Course Recap {Part 2}My Profile

forloveofcarrots December 19, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Mine has too, I wish I was in a book club! I need to find one.

maja December 19, 2013 at 6:25 pm

I agree the new Khaled Hosseini book was incredible and I just finished reading “The Signature of All Things” by Elizabeth Gilbert (who wrote Eat Pray Love) and they were both incredible. So well written and hard to put down!

forloveofcarrots December 19, 2013 at 8:28 pm

I will add that to my list!

Alex @ therunwithin December 19, 2013 at 7:47 pm

well now I have 9 new books I need to read, I have only read Lucky on that list
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..Thinking Cap.My Profile

forloveofcarrots December 19, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Glad to be of assistance!

Sarah @ Sweet Miles December 19, 2013 at 8:07 pm

#1 and #10 sound so good! I haven’t read a fun novel in so long!! Thanks for the list! My mom is a huge reader as well, might have to load up a few of these on her Kindle for Christmas :)
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Gap Fit Workout ApparelMy Profile

forloveofcarrots December 19, 2013 at 8:28 pm

You are welcome, hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

olivetorun December 23, 2013 at 1:25 pm

The only book I read that you did was the Mindy one… and I LOVED it.
Another great read and my favorite- Daring Greatly.
olivetorun recently posted..Running is like…My Profile

forloveofcarrots December 23, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Ooh thank you I will add it to my list!