Fun Facts Friday

by forloveofcarrots on October 4, 2013

1.) Tomorrow is the Greenwich Food and Wine Festival and I am soo excited for it!! Be sure to follow me on instagram and hopefully get some celeb sightings!

2.) I am running the Ridgefield Half marathon on Sunday!! I knew about this race before last weekends race. I didn’t sign up for this weekends race until after the Hogsback because I wanted to see how my legs felt post race. They have felt great so I am hoping they carry me through another 13.1 miles. My dad and I will be running the race together.

3.) I love roasting chickens, it reminds me of Sunday night dinner and of fall. Growing up my mom often roasted a chicken on Sunday nights.
roast chicken

4.) My pinterest recipe of the week was a fail. I made this crockpot stuffed pepper soup. It was REALLY bland and I so I had to add this seasoning that Jeff and I like to put on vegetables to give it more flavor. also the rice turned to mush when heated for longer then 4 hours and made the texture weird. Unfortunately, I dont think I will be making it again.

5.) A friend of mine recently started his own company in which he helps people prep for jobs. He will go over your resume, do mock interviews with you and support you through your application process. If you need help in this area I highly recommend him. You can check out his website goodjobcharlie.com

6.) Its bring your dog to the beach season!! The beach is pretty close to our apartment and from October-March you are allowed to bring your dog to the beach. Brady absolutely loves running free on the beach and I am thrilled it is that time of year!

What are you doing this weekend?

Running any races? Have any fun eating plans?

Lauren October 4, 2013 at 2:23 pm

I want to bring Elmo to the beach!!! I wish I lived closer to one!
Lauren recently posted..september foodie penpals!My Profile

forloveofcarrots October 4, 2013 at 11:21 pm

I don’t think I can ever live far from a beach! I was so miserable living in pa for 4 yrs for college!

maja October 4, 2013 at 2:31 pm

YAY I wish you weren’t busy all weekend, Lily loves the beach! Date soon please!

forloveofcarrots October 4, 2013 at 11:22 pm

I know me too! Yess walk soo ! I wish you could accompany me during the work week!

Sarah @PickyRunner October 4, 2013 at 11:55 pm

Good luck this weekend!!!! I love that you’re doing it with your dad :)

forloveofcarrots October 5, 2013 at 4:15 am

Thanks!! Yeah he’s my running partner!

Caitlin October 7, 2013 at 2:51 pm

i’m glad brady can enjoy the beach – everyone should be able to! i can’t wait to read your greenwich wine and food fest recap. your pics looked sooo fun! i love sunday night dinners at home and turkey burgers always remind me of sunday nights at my house.
Caitlin recently posted..Semi-Wordless: Tennessee TripMy Profile

forloveofcarrots October 7, 2013 at 5:16 pm

mmm turkey burgers are a good one, I love them! Brady is glad he gets to enjoy the beach too.