Meet Ellie and Races in March

by forloveofcarrots on March 5, 2013

Hope your day is off to a good start! I spent my time at the gym plugging away in the treadmill.

I originally thought I had one race for the month of March that race being the Sandy Hook 5K which is on the 23rd of this month. This race is sure to be an emotional one, it is very family oriented so it will be great to see all the kids that come out.

A few days ago I found a 1/4 marathon for the end of March in Hartford and sent it to my dad to see if he was interested. He was so we signed up! Thankfully I do most of my races with my dad because he reminded me that months ago we had signed up for the St. Patricks day 4 mile race that we usually do.

So it would appear I will be running in races the last 3 weekends in March. Which is just fine with me, I have been itching to run in a race especially now that the weather is more running appropriate.

I am most excited for the 1/4 marathon because I have never officially raced that length before. Most of my runs I take outside end up being around 6 miles so I have a feeling this race will be my new favorite.

Now on to Ellie. A few months ago you may remember I posted about PV. Body and the cute workout outfit they sent me. Well they have switched gears a bit and rather then sending out other companies workout clothes they decided to come up with their own line which is called Ellie.

I am going to be honest with you some people have had issues with pv.body/ellie when it came to shipping their outfit and receiving the wrong size or wrong item all together. I have had nothing but a good experience with them so I have nothing negative to say.

I absolutely love my new outfit!
I selected the Vixen top, which I love so much! It is so comfortable and the dri fit material is perfect for a sweaty spin class, running, stair mastering and even good for yoga!
ellie

ellie outfit

ellie outfit

For the bottoms I chose the little black Leggings! Which actually look gray to me but I really like them. They are extremely comfortable! My only issue is they are extremely long and I am a tall person and feel like they are made for giant. I am able to hike them up so you can’t tell.

IMG_1546

All of the clothes stay true to size once washed.

If you sign up today you can get 20% off your first order!

Do you have any races coming up this month or in the next few months?

What do you think of the new Ellie line?

Where is your favorite place to get workout clothes?
I love Target, Old Navy, TJS and Marshalls, the cheaper the better

Disclaimer: I was not compensated for my review of Ellie, I did receive the clothes free of charge. All opinions posted are my own.

Ashley @ Life and Fitness March 5, 2013 at 3:08 pm

I love the back of the top! I’m a big fan of Old Navy workout clothes. They hold up pretty well for the price. Plus they have such cute colors that glow during spin!
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..I Acommplished my Life’s GoalMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 5, 2013 at 4:31 pm

yes I love the bright colors!!

Alex @ therunwithin March 5, 2013 at 3:26 pm

I dig that shirt. No lie. Also… are you still running the zooma cape cod half?
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..Trade Em Up Tuesday: Going Down SwingingMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 5, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Thank you! Yes I am!! Are you doing it!?!? Please say yes

Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete March 5, 2013 at 3:34 pm

I know there was a lot of confusion with the changes pv.body implemented, but it sounds like things are settling down, and if they are still providing quality product, I think it’s all good :)

I love that top, too! It looks like light-weight; would be super comfortable to work out in outside once it gets warmer.
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..Tidbit Tuesdays + a SUPERCANDY WinnerMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 5, 2013 at 4:33 pm

I can’t wait to wear it in the summer, pretty sure I will wear it on every outdoor run!

Sarah @PickyRunner March 5, 2013 at 5:07 pm

I’m glad you had a good experience with Ellie. I stuck with them for a couple of months through the pv. body switch and while I like the clothing overall and it still feels like it’s good quality, I ultimately decided to cancel my membership because it’s too expensive for me to pay every month. I love that top though! It’s super cute and I wish I had gotten it in my latest package!
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Confessions and TidbitsMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 5, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Yeah I agree, I don’t need new workout clothes every month! Even though I would like it :)

Allison March 5, 2013 at 5:58 pm

I love your top! It looks so good on you :)
Allison recently posted..An Attitude ShiftMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 5, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Thank you!! I’m obsessed with it!

Caitlin March 5, 2013 at 8:59 pm

i’m so glad you like ellie and this post makes my top want to get here all the more! i don’t even remember what bottoms i chose. ha!

forloveofcarrots March 5, 2013 at 11:48 pm

Haha you know I didn’t remember either! I’m excited for my march clothes!

Cori @ olivetorun March 5, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Favorite place to shop for workout clothes?
Target is my number 1. Then any sales rack :)
Cori @ olivetorun recently posted..Crazier Than Tom Cruise On Oprah- StrideBox ReviewMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 5, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Target has the best sports bras in my opinion!

Ellie March 6, 2013 at 12:08 am

I love that this line has my name! :) I think the products are totally cute! You look great!
Ellie recently posted..TV is serrrriously greatMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 6, 2013 at 1:34 pm

everytime you name comes up as I comment I think of them lol! Thanks girl!

Jessie March 6, 2013 at 8:19 am

I love the fact that you and your dad run races together. Too cool!

forloveofcarrots March 6, 2013 at 1:35 pm

thanks, its our bonding time! We usually ditch each other once the race starts but its nice to know we will be there for each other at the end of the race!