Fun Facts Friday

by forloveofcarrots on March 1, 2013

Hello there, hope your day is off to a good start! How could it not be when its Friday!

It’s March 1st which can only mean one thing. I will most likely stop blow drying my hair unless I am feeling spunky or its colder than 40 degrees outside. There are a few things in life I strongly dislike and blow drying my hair is one of them. I think it is so time consuming. I never let my hairdresser blow dry my hair because a.) it saves me a couple bucks and b.) it is painful for me, not in the sense that it hurts in the sense that I feel like it takes them 20 minutes too long to blow dry my hair. I am pretty positive I am alone on these thoughts.

Homemade tacos with Mahi Mahi was such a good decision and so easy
mahi mahi tacos

Chipotle for dinner was sooo needed last night!! The burrito bowls are my favorite!
burrito bowl
I keep meaning to make my own at home, maybe this week it will happen.

Best impulse buy at Bed Bath and Beyond! I added them to my yogurt bowl this morning, so yummy.
Brookside dark chocolate pomegranate
$20 says that when Jeff sees this he will say something along the lines of this is why I can’t let you go shopping alone.

My fellow Pretty Little Liar fans, can we please talk about this weeks episode?!?

Do you like to blow dry your hair?

Do you fall pray to impulse buys?
Usually no, but if I find something I have been wanting to try then I will probably be buying it.

Any fun plans this weekend?

Sarah @PickyRunner March 1, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Ummm PLL. let’s talk. I watched it last week and I literally was sitting on the couch screaming. It was one of the scariest (and most mind blowing) episodes yet!
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Shifting the focusMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 3:31 pm

DID YOU WATCH THIS WEEK???? I don’t want to spoil anything so I wont say I just really need to talk about it lol!

Sarah @PickyRunner March 1, 2013 at 7:36 pm

I did!!!! I’m not even sure what happened in it haha it was that outrageous!
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Shifting the focusMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 8:44 pm

I can’t decide if I think thats really Toby or not! And Spencer has gone off the deep end!

Sarah @PickyRunner March 2, 2013 at 12:40 am

I have no idea but Spencer’s condition at the end shocked me. I was really rooting for her but sometimes I feel like all the girls are just really not very bright lol
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Shifting the focusMy Profile

Alex @ therunwithin March 1, 2013 at 2:49 pm

nothing better than impulse buys. especially at random places like tj maxx, marshall’s bed bath and beyond… you name it
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..The Day the Music DiedMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 3:32 pm

They are the best places to have impulse buys at, such great deals!

Hollie March 1, 2013 at 2:51 pm

I’m kind of the same way with blow drying my hair. I really only do it when I have to and it’s cold. Guac is one of my favorite parts of Mexican foods…I could eat that stuff for hours LOL. I wish we had a chipolte closer to me.
Hollie recently posted..What Better then a March PostMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 3:33 pm

so glad I am not alone! I could just have guac for a meal, sit and eat it with a spoon! It kills me that they charge extra for guac at chipotle!

Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete March 1, 2013 at 3:29 pm

You are absolutely NOT alone in those thoughts. I seriously despise blow drying my hair. Yet I keep getting haircuts and styles that require me to do it. I want really pretty hair without having to do anything to it. However, if I fall asleep with wet hair and wake up in the morning, it’s as if I stuck my finger in an electrical socket.
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..SNAP Infusion SUPERCANDY Review + GiveawayMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 3:37 pm

haha if I fell asleep with wet hair my hair would do the same thing. Hair maintenence is just so annoying, I just let it do its own thing and 9 times out I look a hot mess and I dont even care lol

Alyssa March 1, 2013 at 4:04 pm

1. I don’t even own a blowdryer. The recent “bun” trend has really worked well for me.

2. It’s only 11am and I want Chipotle right now.
Alyssa recently posted..For Our ButterflyMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 8:41 pm

yessss you are my favorite! Thank god for the inventor of the sock bun!

Ashley @ Life and Fitness March 1, 2013 at 4:16 pm

I have to say I love getting my hair blow-dried by my hairdresser because she makes it so shiny and flippy. I always try to re-attempt what she did and it never works haha.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Dear February,My Profile

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 8:41 pm

It never looks the same after the hair dresser does it, no matter what I do!

Leslee @ Her Happy Balance March 1, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Those mahi mahi tacos look fantastic, all the ingredients are so colorful! And Chipotle burrito bowls make my day. I get the chicken and cheat and ask for the veggies too then load it up with all the sauces except the hot and add lettuce and a tiny bit of cheese. The best!

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 8:39 pm

I just want them to coat the bottom in guac and then top everything off with more guac!

Caitlin March 1, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Umm you are so NOT ALONE. I never let the hair dresser blow dry my hair (sometimes I refuse and she goes Caitlin…I won’t charge you…then I say yes). I NEVER blow dry it before I go out. I’ll shower and go out with wet hair. I don’t care. It takes forever. You and I cannot stand still to do something like dry our hair. We won’t stand for that. I get you.
Caitlin recently posted..Thankful Thursday: NEDAwareness WeekMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 8:42 pm

haha this would probably be another reason why we are friends! We got places to go and people to see.

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness March 1, 2013 at 5:52 pm

I hate having my hair wet cause it makes me so cold! It’s such a pain to dry though so I usually let it half air dry and then blow dry it the rest of the way!
Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness recently posted..Spaghetti Squash Bake: 2 Ways (Paleo, Vegan, and Gluten Free)My Profile

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 8:42 pm

thats the only reason why I dry my hair in the winter months because I am always cold, the second a glimpse of warm weather pops up I say goodbye to the hair dryer!

Lauren March 1, 2013 at 7:33 pm

I always leave the hairdressers with my hair wet. I cannot stand sitting there either. First, they use the lowest setting. I understand this is good for your hair but it takes like 15 minutes longer than you should. Just fry the fuck out of my hair! Ha! Second, I hate seeing how nice it looks when it’s done by someone knowing what they are doing because it makes me mad I can’t replicate it!

And I definitely tried TJs dark chocolate pomegranate seeds for the first time and – seriously – I think someone is trying to kill me. Delish!
Lauren recently posted..For the Love of FoodiesMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 8:44 pm

yess I am so glad I am not alone. Luckily my hair dresser comes to my house so I dont have to go anywhere and I have explained to her my thoughts on blowdrying my hair so now she just doesnt even bother asking! I have been meaning to grab the TJS one’s now I will make sure they make it into my cart!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl March 1, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Oh Chipotle..how I love thee!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Mexican Chili Mac BakeMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 8:45 pm

seriously! The first time I had it I didn’t like it, then I met the burrito bowl and I am in heaven!

cori @olivetorun March 1, 2013 at 8:03 pm

I’m not an impulsive buyer AT ALL!
I’ll be running a Shamrock 8k wearing a kilt tomorrow! :)
cori @olivetorun recently posted..The 3 F’s- I think I have a drinking Problem.My Profile

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 8:46 pm

come rub some of your anti impulsive buying off on me, I could use some! Love the kilt idea, good luck!

Maria @ Pappa Don't Preach March 1, 2013 at 8:49 pm

I’m so with you on the blow drying! I actually have timed how long it takes me to blow dry it at night. It’s only about 15-20 minutes but I also have to go over it in the morning. I have to sleep on it for it to actually look nice (strange.) While it doesn’t really take me THAT long, it’s just so much easier to let it run wild!

Mahi Mahi is one of my favs! I’ve been missing it but so glad I ordered it at dinner last week! And per your recommendation, I’ll have to snag those dark chocolate yummies next time I’m at CVS.
Maria @ Pappa Don’t Preach recently posted..Fly at Flywheel StamfordMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Running wild is the way to go!! Yess buy the brookside chocolate covered anything they are delicious!!

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily March 1, 2013 at 9:41 pm

That’s the one thing I hate about my short hair, I have to blow dry it every day or it looks like a shaggy lion’s mane ;)
Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily recently posted..Tried to fix what wasn’t brokenMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 11:48 pm

Oh yeah I have been there! I have been growing my hair out thankfully.

Ellie March 1, 2013 at 11:34 pm

I tried adding pomegranate to my yogurt once and did not care for the texture. However, I like pomegranate flavored yogurt hahahaha. I haven’t had the time to shop lately so no impulse buys for me THANK JESUS!
Ellie recently posted..When you’re brain goes caputMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Haha you are lucky no impulse buys! Isn’t it weird how that happens I love bananas but hate banana flavored things! But I love the banana cho!

Allie March 3, 2013 at 10:18 pm

I just made mahi mahi tacos the other night, I will have to add corn to mine next time. Those look great!
Allie recently posted..Still CookinMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 4, 2013 at 1:29 pm

it was really good, I used a corn salad from trader joes.

Jessie March 4, 2013 at 4:25 am

Hate blow drying my hair, rarely ever do it.. and I also think it’s quite ridiculous that hair salons charge you more for it too. I mean forreal, shouldn’t that just come w/ the cut??!
Jessie recently posted..Marvelous In My Monday :: Coconut Flour PancakesMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 4, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I agree, I never understood why it wasn’t included. They make you pay enough to get your hair cut they least they could do it throw in a blowdry

forloveofcarrots March 2, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Haha they really aren’t! Jeff says its the worst show on TV, but I must know what happens!!