Healthy Living Survey

by forloveofcarrots on February 28, 2013

Hey there! Hope your day is off to a good start! I am enjoying my favorite time of day which happens to be the moment I sit down at my desk to enjoy my coffee and type up this blog post.

Today I have a fun little survey that I saw on Tina’s blog last week and new I wanted to get in on it as well. So without further ado

1.) What did you have for breakfast?

Plain greek yogurt with 1 scoop protein powder some Cascadian farms granola, blueberries, banana and chia seeds. Looks something like this
20130222-072106.jpg

2.) How much water do you drink a day?
Sooooo freaking much water. I really couldn’t tell you the exact amount but sometimes I think I drink too much water.

3.) What is your current favorite workout?
Best Body Bootcamp, however tomorrow is the last day and I am already freaking out about what I am going to do for the next month until the next round of bootcamp begins! Any suggestions??

4.) How many calories do you eat each day?
I do not count calories, I have no idea. I eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full. I typically eat breakfast lunch and dinner with a snack between breakfast and lunch and a snack between lunch and dinner.

5.) What are you favorite healthy snacks?
My go to’s are usually fruit, veggies and hummus or greek yogurt. I am a fan on my protein bites, but haven’t made them in a while.

6.) What do you usually eat for lunch?
A giant salad with as much in it as possible.
salad
With a piece of fruit or greek yogurt and usually something crunchy along side. I always crave something crunchy at lunch time like pretzels or crackers.

7.) What is your favorite body part to train?
I would have to say my arms, I can see the most change/ definition in them.

8.) What is your least favorite body part to train?

My legs! I don’t know why I just hate it, squats and lunges are the death of me. I would prefer just to run but in an effort to challenge myself I suck it up and train my legs.

9.) What are you bad food cravings?
I don’t like this question. No such thing as bad food cravings, everything in moderation. I guess the fact that I want to eat 16 handles everyday could be seen as bad..

10.) Do you take vitamins or supplements?
Yessss I am a huge advocate for vitamins!!! I take D-3, omega 3s and a probiotic.

11.) How often do you eat out?
Like once or twice a week, we do the majority of our eating out on the weekends.

12.) Do you eat fast food?

Nope, I have never been someone who eats fast food. I wasn’t brought up to eat it so the times I have had it I ALWAYS feel sick after. I have Subway on occasion but I don’t really consider that fast food.

13.) Who is your biggest supporter?

This is a hard question because I actually think I have a lot of amazing supporters in my life. I would have to say my parents and Jeff. My friends are also wonderful supports to me!

14.) Do you have a gym membership?
Yes, to the Edge. I love it.

15.) How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
Usually 7-8 hours of sleep. If I could go to bed at 7pm some nights I totally would. But I also want to be able to spend time with Jeff so I don’t.

16.) Do you have a “cheat” day?
No, I eat what I want when I want. I used to do this cheat day mumbo jumbo and it ended up being a gorge yourself day.

17.) Do you drink alcohol?

Yes, I enjoy my wine!

18.) Do you have a workout buddy?
Nope and I am just fine with that. I am a get in and get out type of person when it comes to working out so I like to keep to myself get my workout done and go.

19.) What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?

I have found a confidence in myself that I never knew I had. Maybe that just comes with age and feeling like I am growing into my own skin but I guess it has taught me how to take pride in the person that I am.

20.) What is the last healthy thing you did?
Got my workout in the morning and ate a healthy breakfast.

Your turn! Answer any of the questions in the comments section.

Ashley @ Life and Fitness February 28, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Aren’t walking lunges the worst?! UGHHH, they kill my legs.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..The Green Ball is DeadMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 1:51 pm

the DEATH of me, I think I loathe those the most!

Hollie February 28, 2013 at 3:39 pm

I saw the question too about bad food cravings and thought it was extremely oddly worded.
Hollie recently posted..PMB of FebruaryMy Profile

Hollie February 28, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Whoops, cut me off. Anyways since adopting a more healthy lifestyle (from binge drinking early in college) I’ve since be able to start running and actually being able to enjoy running LOL.
Hollie recently posted..PMB of FebruaryMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 1:51 pm

You are an amazing runner and I hope to be able to run as fast as you or run with you some day!

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 1:50 pm

It should have read what foods do you think are bad, in which I would have responded most white condiments especially sour cream and cream cheese and mushrooms lol

Alex @ therunwithin February 28, 2013 at 3:51 pm

I know, I am going to feel so lost without BBBC. so strange I emailed you about doing it like six months ago.. who knows I would be actually so obsessed with it
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..This Photograph is Proof.My Profile

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 1:52 pm

haha I know it took you a while to come around but I am sooo glad you did and that you liked it! I would have felt bad if you didn’t enjoy it as much as I do.

Sarah @PickyRunner February 28, 2013 at 4:49 pm

I drink a ton of water too. It’s seriously a problem. Maybe we should form a society: binge water drinkers anonymous?
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..reveal dayMy Profile

Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete February 28, 2013 at 6:54 pm

BAHAHAHA I may need to join this group. Let me know when it’s formed :P
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..February Foodie Penpals RevealMy Profile

Alyssa February 28, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Me three!

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 1:54 pm
forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 1:53 pm

It’s been decided, we need to start the BWDA!

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 1:53 pm

hahah yess I love this group!!!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 28, 2013 at 9:26 pm

I have been loving this survey and definitely plan on posting it on my blog!

And yay for not counting calories! :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: February 27, 2013My Profile

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 1:49 pm

counting calories are no fun!! I can’t believe how much I used to be obsessed with reading labels, now its an after thought!

cori @olivetorun February 28, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Best thing I’ve done since deciding to live a healthy lifestyle: I was able to get to the point where I no longer use my inhaler :) I run marathons now instead.
cori @olivetorun recently posted..A Positive MoJo FloMy Profile

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Yayy you go girl!! From inhaler to running marathons is pretty freaking amazing!!

Ellie March 1, 2013 at 12:12 am

Reading this reminded me to add chia seeds to my yogurt tonight :) Thank you hahaha ;)

forloveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Mmmm I love chia seeds, the down fall is they always get stuck in my teeth!

Ellie March 1, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Totally using this survey today! Thanks girl!
Ellie recently posted..Freshly Pressed: Friday FavesMy Profile