Happy Valentine’s Day (a post from Jeff)

by forloveofcarrots on February 14, 2013

Hello all, yes its me, the famous boyfriend that you have been reading about for a while now.
20130121-082920.jpg

I figured that for Valentines day I would give Kaitlin a break from blogging and have my own post.

For Valentines day Kaitlin and I are just making a nice homemade meal with a nice bottle of wine, maybe we’ll try to find a wine that we tried at the Mohegan Sun Wine Fest. This post isn’t about our plans for Valentines day though, its about Kaitlin.

You all know her as the healthy food blogger who loves trying different types of workouts, healthy cooking tips, and of course, her love of carrots. But I am here to tell a different side of her that most of you don’t get to see. I was lucky enough to have Kaitlin “assault” me at our high school reunion over a year ago. After much debate, I finally admitted, and admit on this post that I was the one to friend her that night and message her that next morning, I just knew I had to see her again.

So, after a lot of dates, being her plus one at weddings, getting the cutest little puppy, and moving in together, I can now say I am the happiest man in the world. I honestly cant say where I would be today without Kaitlin in my life. She does so many things for me, that I don’t even know where to start. There are the every day things, like make me lunch (yes I’m spoiled and wake up and have my lunch ready to take to work), cook dinner for when I get home, finish my laundry and clean. She is literally the glue that holds the apartment together, and I don’t tell her enough how much I appreciate it. But there are all of the other things she does for me. She supports me with every decision I make, is willing to take any adventure with me, whether it be wanting to move to another city, or gambling at the casino, I know she will always be there with me, by my side.

She makes me want to be a better person, because she deserves the best, and I am lucky enough to call her my girlfriend.

In conclusion, you are all lucky to get to read her posts about her life and adventures, but I am the luckiest because I get to be by her side for all of it. I don’t tell her enough how much she means to me and how much I appreciate everything she does for me. I assume she knows, but I should still tell her everyday.

To all out there with a loved one in their life, always tell them how much you love them, and how your life wouldn’t be the same without them. And it shouldn’t just be on Valentines day, it should be every day. I love you Kaitlin, and I always will.

What are you doing on this Valentine’s day? or not doing for Valentine’s day?

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness February 14, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Cutest post ever! So sweet!
Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness recently posted..Love Your BodyMy Profile

forloveofcarrots February 14, 2013 at 6:59 pm

thank you!

Sarah @PickyRunner February 14, 2013 at 1:55 pm

This is adorable! I love that you had your boyfriend do a post :) I hope you two have an amazing day together!
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Real Talk Scary TalkMy Profile

forloveofcarrots February 14, 2013 at 7:00 pm

thanks! I thought it would be nice to have something different, I was not expecting something so heart felt, I want to frame it!

Allison February 14, 2013 at 1:55 pm

This is the sweetest thing in the whole world. What a great guy! Have a great day with each other :)
Allison recently posted..Take a Glimpse Into My LifeMy Profile

forloveofcarrots February 14, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Thanks Allison, he is a pretty good guy :)

Shannon February 14, 2013 at 2:08 pm

well now isn’t this just so damn presh…

but seriously! so happy I’ve had the pleasure of meeting and spending time with you and your boy(s). Hope you and jeff have a wonderful day<3 love you PIC

forloveofcarrots February 14, 2013 at 7:02 pm

I am glad you got to spend time with my boys! We want you back, Brady says he will try to behave, but he is just so attracted to you, he can’t make any promises ;)

Ashley @ Life and Fitness February 14, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Happy Valentine’s day !
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Valentine’s DayMy Profile

forloveofcarrots February 14, 2013 at 7:02 pm

You too Ashley!!

Kate February 14, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Not that I don’t think all of your posts are great….but this is probably my favorite one yet. He isn’t wrong about being a lucky guy!!

forloveofcarrots February 14, 2013 at 7:03 pm

haha thank you Kate! He is pretty lucky isn’t he!? The promise of seeing you twice in June is so very exciting!!

Alex @ therunwithin February 14, 2013 at 3:26 pm

i seriously just love this post, I am so happy you two found each other and I can tell the humor in your relationship brings you guys even closer.
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..Awareness is StrongerMy Profile

forloveofcarrots February 14, 2013 at 7:04 pm

You are the best for noticing this!! Sometimes I feel like people don’t get our love/sarcasm lol, glad you figured it out and you have never seen us interact in person :)

Lucie February 14, 2013 at 3:38 pm

This is SO sweet and touching!!! I am so happy for the two of you that you have found each other! Happy Valentines day!
Lucie recently posted..Thankful Thursday# 15My Profile

forloveofcarrots February 14, 2013 at 7:05 pm

we are lucky to have found each other! Happy Valentines day to you!

Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete February 14, 2013 at 3:42 pm

This may be the best, sweetest thing I’ve read so far today! :) Happy Valentine’s Day to you both!
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..Treadmill vs. Outdoor RunningMy Profile

forloveofcarrots February 14, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Thanks Molly! Happy Valentines day to you!

Maria @ Pappa Don't Preach February 14, 2013 at 5:35 pm

That’s amazing!!! You are both lucky to have found love in one another. I hope you two have an amazing evening together! :)
Maria @ Pappa Don’t Preach recently posted..The Obligatory I’m Single on Valentine’s Day PostMy Profile

forloveofcarrots February 14, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Thanks Maria, have a happy valentines day!

carol farley February 14, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Hi Kate and Jeff……… Loved reading the “Valentine” today. You are both terrific people, and I’m so glad you found each other.

forloveofcarrots February 14, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Thanks Grandma! We love and miss you!

Hollie February 14, 2013 at 6:23 pm

AWE this is too cute. I’m glad you are both so happy together.
Hollie recently posted..Red Velvet Pancakes VlogMy Profile

forloveofcarrots February 14, 2013 at 7:10 pm

thank you! Happy Valentine’s day Hollie, hope you get to see your main squeeze soon!!

Lauren February 14, 2013 at 7:11 pm

This is too cute! I’m so glad you two are happy together + puppy! I’m a single girl so I will spend today jealous of cute couples like you two! :-P Happy Valentine’s Day! Enjoy!
Lauren recently posted..Happy NSAD!My Profile

forloveofcarrots February 14, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Don’t be jealous snuggle your puppy and enjoy the love from your family and friends! You will find love when you least expect it :)

Caitlin February 14, 2013 at 9:33 pm

i am going to VOMIT.
JK. this is too adorable. you guys are soooo cute and give all girls everywhere hope that they will find their loves at a high school reunion ;)
jeff, see you in a few weeks when i come visit! kaitlin, see you in TWO FLIPPIN DAYS!
Caitlin recently posted..WIAW Goes Nuttz!My Profile

forloveofcarrots February 14, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Haha!! Jeff can’t wait for your visit! Obviously you know why! And I can’t wait to see you soon! Best way to spend valentines girl time, yoga, booze and food!

Caitlin February 15, 2013 at 6:08 pm

those three things are in reverse order of their wonderfulness! ;) JK but they are all wonderful!
Caitlin recently posted..Fashion Friday: BAMR Bands Giveaway!My Profile

Lindsay@bananansforyogaandyogurt.wordpress.com February 14, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Happy Valentine’s Day! I am so happy for you both! Kait, you have one special guy! :)
Lindsay@bananansforyogaandyogurt.wordpress.com recently posted..My First WIAW PostMy Profile

forloveofcarrots February 14, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Thanks Lindsay! Hope you have a great valentines day!!

Elise duran February 14, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Jeff gets all the orange conversation hearts(my favorite) because he is the best Valentine ever!!! You guys are so great together and we are so lucky to have met him too!! Happy Valentine’s Day~ Love~Aunt Elise

forloveofcarrots February 15, 2013 at 11:27 am

Haha he says thank you for your conversation hearts! He is lucky to be in our family :)! Hope to see you soon!

Jessie February 15, 2013 at 4:09 am

Hunnie, you have such a sweet husband. I absolutely adored (and may of teared up) this post <3 I hope you two had a fabulous Valentine's Day together!!
Jessie recently posted..Thankful Thursday : Part 2My Profile

forloveofcarrots February 15, 2013 at 11:29 am

Yeah I guess I will keep him around :)! Don’t worry it made me cry!

Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness February 16, 2013 at 7:02 pm

What a sweet guy, you are so lucky to have a man like Jeff who knows how special you really are! I hope you guys continue to love and appreciate each other!

forloveofcarrots February 18, 2013 at 12:49 am

Thank you! I am lucky to have him