Life lessons from a 25 year old

by forloveofcarrots on January 22, 2013

Today I am 25 years young ;)

Over the weekend we were looking at pictures from my childhood and I have come to realize I have learned a lot in my 25 years of life.

1.) At one point in my life my brother really did think I was the coolest thing around.
me and g

2.) Belly shirts were in when I was in 3rd grade. Too bad that confidence didn’t carry through to my adult life.
babe

3.) Really thin eye brows did not look good on me! I will spare you the picture

4.) Friends that vacation together, stay together.
bethany

5.) You should appreciate the body you were given. Again my brother still thought I was cool.
beach

6.) Contrary to what people tell you, it is possible to remain friends with your friends from high school during and after college. Proof!
friends

7.) It is possible to find someone who adores you as much as you adore them.
brady
KIDDING obviously I mean my main squeeze!
20130121-082920.jpg

8.) Your 15 year old self can’t believe how much your 25 year old self likes hanging out with your parents on a weekend night.

9.) Life is hard, but it makes the good things that much better

10.) Each year keeps getting better and better.

25, I have a good feeling about you!

Hope you have a great day!

Ashley pleiss January 22, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Love it!!!

Happy birthday chick!! :) hope you have a great day!

forloveofcarrots January 22, 2013 at 3:13 pm

thank you lady!! Miss you xoxo

Sarah @PickyRunner January 22, 2013 at 2:21 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love all the pictures and the life lessons. I’ve been there with the eyebrows… just… no.
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..This is goodbyeMy Profile

forloveofcarrots January 22, 2013 at 3:18 pm

haha, we were looking at pictures and I was like why didn’t anyone tell me this was NOT a good look for me!

Maja January 22, 2013 at 2:22 pm

LOVE THIS. Reminds me of the life lessons from an 80 yr.old on my facebook. And I honestly wish we could go back to our 15 yr old selves (yes the me behind your rockin bod at the beach lol…. I was hiding) and tell them how much easier life gets! And how much prettier we will feel! Love you!!! Have an amazing bday!

forloveofcarrots January 22, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Seriously! Thank you love, can’t wait to have you home!

Lucie January 22, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Happy Birthday Beauty!! I love this post!! It is good to look back but it is even better to enjoy the moment right here and now. Enjoy your day!!!
Lucie recently posted..Tuesday RecipesMy Profile

forloveofcarrots January 22, 2013 at 3:16 pm

thank you! Yes you are so right, life is good!

Alex @ therunwithin January 22, 2013 at 3:05 pm

gosh I adored this, happy birthday lady! I have to agree, there were days when my sister looked up to me and thought I was the coolest thing around. oh those were the days
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..#freEDom: Reflection ThrowbackMy Profile

forloveofcarrots January 22, 2013 at 3:15 pm

thank you! Gosh weren’t those the days when your sibling thought you were all that and a bag of chips!

Hollie January 22, 2013 at 4:10 pm

First, happy birthday. Second, I’m really in shock that you are 25! Excuse me?!
Hollie recently posted..Mud In Your Eye Cross Country 5k (19:43)My Profile

forloveofcarrots January 22, 2013 at 4:29 pm

thank you!! Um so now I am dying to know how old you thought I was!?! Do tell!

Hollie January 22, 2013 at 4:34 pm

I thought more or less in the 22-23 range! (maybe I just think everyone is around my age LOL)

forloveofcarrots January 22, 2013 at 4:41 pm

you flatter me :)

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness January 22, 2013 at 4:29 pm

So awesome! I hope you have a very happy Birthday!
Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness recently posted..Thin Mint Cookies (Gluten and Egg Free)My Profile

forloveofcarrots January 22, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Thanks Danielle

Amanda @ Run Principessa January 22, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Happy birthday to you!! Good life lessons. :)
Amanda @ Run Principessa recently posted..Back to the GrindMy Profile

forloveofcarrots January 22, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Thanks Amanda!

Caitlin January 22, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Great post! I love #8, you KNOW I can relate! And yes I look back on the days when I just ran around with my belly exposed, heck naked as a toddler, not a care in the world. Not caring what MY body looked like or others’ bodies. Wouldn’t it be great if our minds could go around untainted like that forever!
Caitlin recently posted..Cooking by the Book at Connecticut Historical SocietyMy Profile

forloveofcarrots January 22, 2013 at 7:40 pm

I so wish they could! I can only hope that if I have girls they will appreciate their bodies and not hate them the way I hated mine!

Natalie @ Free Range Human January 22, 2013 at 7:43 pm

This is such a fun reflection! I especially love that you now love to hang out with your parents. Of course, I was one of those weirdos who liked it when I was 15 too!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..A Marvelous RecapMy Profile

forloveofcarrots January 22, 2013 at 11:55 pm

Haha I liked it then too but I usually chose to hang out with my friends. now I would happily choose to hang out with them!

Olivia Hill @ life as liv January 22, 2013 at 9:14 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! What a happy, positive post! I absolutely adored it :)
Olivia Hill @ life as liv recently posted..Marvelous in My MondayMy Profile

forloveofcarrots January 23, 2013 at 6:40 pm

thank you!!!

Lauren January 22, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Happy Birthday! I love looking back on old pictures, it’s the best!

And I never thought I would love hanging out with my parents on weekend nights either. I cannot believe how different things are compared to when I was in highschool!
Lauren recently posted..MIMMMy Profile

forloveofcarrots January 22, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Thanks Lauren! I love taking walks down memory lane! It’s amazing how much changes from high school to adult life!

Kristabel@RaceReady January 23, 2013 at 4:22 am

Happy birthday! Glad I found your blog.

forloveofcarrots January 23, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Thank you!! I am glad you find my blog too :)

Haley @ The Saucy Apple January 23, 2013 at 4:30 am

What a sweet list! I love it. And I agree that everything gets better as you get older. I’m loving the confidence. :)

Jessie January 23, 2013 at 8:14 am

Happy Birthday Pretty girl!!
Jessie recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday :: Fast FoodMy Profile

Bess @ Bess Be Fit January 23, 2013 at 4:33 pm

hope your birthday was amaazzzinggg!!! welcome to the 25 club :)
Bess @ Bess Be Fit recently posted..Mermaid & Brrrrr.My Profile

forloveofcarrots January 23, 2013 at 6:39 pm

haha thank you! I am hoping 25 is a lucky year!

Miranda @ Biting Life January 27, 2013 at 3:32 am

Happy birthday! These are great :) I totally agree with you about staying friends with your high school friends. So many people told me that I would basically never see them again, but here I am graduated from college and my high school friends are still the ones that I’m closest too (although I may not see them as much as I used to).
Miranda @ Biting Life recently posted..Shopping List Friday #13My Profile

tiffany @dynamics of happy January 28, 2013 at 6:29 am

i love this so much!!

LOL@ #3, i’ve had ONE too many times where i’ve tried to trim my eyebrows. “oh i just need to pluck a little more here for it to look even” then turns into having to pluck the OTHER side, then next thing you know, i have about 1/5 of brows what i had started with lol!!!

amen to #5. i think it is so hard for women- including myself- to accept the fact that everyone accumulates fat in different places! for example, i complain about flabby arms and abs while my frd is envious of my thin legs, and i am envious of her thin arms and abs….

and i love #8 as well :) parents are so much cooler than what we thought before. especially when you start digging up more stories from them!

forloveofcarrots January 28, 2013 at 2:05 pm

That is the best part about hanging with parents, getting all the dirt on them growing up! Seriously if only we appreciated the body we had and didn’t always compare ourselves to other people, it easier said then done unfortunately.

Mica M. February 20, 2013 at 1:48 pm

I love this post. Especially the part about staying friends with my high school friends. I met one of my best friends in the 6th grade. Still friends!

forloveofcarrots February 20, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I love hearing stories like that! My best friend and I have been friends since we were 3! People never believe us when we say we have been friends for that long!