Things I am loving Friday

by forloveofcarrots on January 4, 2013

Hey there!! It’s Friday already! Wouldn’t it just be wonderful if work weeks were always this short!

Since its Friday and nobody really wants to do much work/thinking I figured I would share with you some new things I am loving as of late!

My beloved Cascadian Farms came out with a new granola flavor and it is the best flavor yet!
cfarms
Berry Cobbler Granola! It has pieces of blueberries and cranberries in it and goes perfectly with a cup of Chobani!
bow c

RUSKS!! These aren’t new to me I lived off of them in South Africa, I am not even kidding! I loved them so much I tried to recreate them when I came home; you can find my attempt here. My mom found a website online and got me 2 boxes for Christmas! I am really trying to savor the boxes but I just popped open the second box so I can’t for see it lasting very long!
rusk

Some body left these mini hand sanitizers in all of our mailboxes at work! Oh my goodness the smell of this makes me want to eat a zillion ginger bread cookies!
iced ginger

While stumbling through the Bryant Park Markets my mom and I came across Jammin’ Nut! They had a bunch of different flavored peanut butters, I got a cookie dough peanut butter and my mom got some health peanut butter!
jammin nut

Tried anything new lately?

Have you fell in love with a food in another state or country and not been able to find it near you?
Aside from rusks, I fell in love with Drink Chia at HLS 2 years ago and I am sad that we don’t carry it anywhere locally!

Tessa @ Amazing Asset January 4, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Cookie dough peanut butter is a most excellent choice, I am sure I would have chosen the exact same one :) Those biscuits sound quite interesting as well, yum!
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..Practicing What I PreachMy Profile

forloveofcarrots January 4, 2013 at 8:13 pm

dip the rusks in the cookie dough peanut butter, oh my goshhhh!!

Amanda @ Run Principessa January 4, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Rusks?! Tell me more! The granola sounds awesome too. When I studied abroad in Rome I TOTALLY got spoiled with awesome pasta dishes. Now I’ve got to rely on myself and I just don’t do it justice. ;)
Amanda @ Run Principessa recently posted..Adventure is Out There!My Profile

forloveofcarrots January 4, 2013 at 8:14 pm

I have been told that no pasta will ever taste the same if you experience pasta from Italy! Sometimes they have the rusks on amazon :) and my recipe did not do them justice :(

Alex @ therunwithin January 4, 2013 at 3:45 pm

whoa I want to smell that iced gingerbread lotion, mmmm
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..Always Aim SmallerMy Profile

forloveofcarrots January 4, 2013 at 8:14 pm

you are going to want to eat your hand!

Lucie January 4, 2013 at 4:03 pm

That granola sounds so delicious! And I bet I would eat my hand if I put on that gel.
Well, that happens to me all the time since I get to taste some things from the U.S. once in a while and can not get it here. McVities, Justins Almond Butter, Flavored Stevia, Larabars….so I just live vigurosly through all the US bloggers :-)
Lucie recently posted..Resolutions, uh? Goals!!My Profile

forloveofcarrots January 4, 2013 at 8:16 pm

ah thats so true! Hopefully you can get most of those things on amazon!? or other websites! all us bloggers are going to have to pitch in and mail you a bunch of stuff you cant get!

Caitlin January 4, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Those rusks look right up my alley, so cool! Glad you found some. The Jammin Nut PB also sounds incredible, I love flavored PBs. Been jammin on PB Crave lately myself. I can’t wait for my Cascadian Farm package to arrive, I’m expecting one too! Of course I’ll be mixing it with Cho as well. You know I love my Cho. I can’t think of any distant food items in the grocery store that I can’t find but I so wish I lived closer to Wildflour in Pawtucket, RI so I could go there every single weekend and have a savory vegan scone. Have never been able to find one like it elsewhere.
Caitlin recently posted..Fashion-from-Florida FridayMy Profile

forloveofcarrots January 4, 2013 at 8:17 pm

the granola is soo freaking good you will love it! Um I have seen this said scone and I want to venture to Wildflour just to try it! Everything Heather ever gets from that place looks and sounds delicious!

Miranda @ Biting Life January 5, 2013 at 4:39 am

Ooh I didn’t know Bath & Body Works had that scent!! That’s definitely dangerous for me, haha. Just looking at the picture I can imagine how good it smells.
Miranda @ Biting Life recently posted..Shopping List Friday #10My Profile

Olivia Hill @ life as liv January 5, 2013 at 7:45 pm

I’ve never had rusks before…I’m definitely intrigued. I love the idea of cranberries in granola! I’m a huge fan of craisins, so I think it would be a great punch of sweetness. :)
Olivia Hill @ life as liv recently posted..Monstrosity Recap.My Profile

Jessie January 7, 2013 at 4:22 am

Cookie dough peanut butter? Oh my, just picturing the taste alone has me drooling!!

Nicola February 5, 2013 at 3:33 pm

I’m obsessed with Ouma rusks too – my dad is south african and I grew up eating them – my parents still live there for part of the year and i get them to bring them back to the states for me – that and good old cheap freshpak roiboos tea!!

forloveofcarrots February 5, 2013 at 4:59 pm

yess another ouma rusk lover!! I am jealous of how often you get to have them! There is nothing better then roiboos tea from SA, they know how to do it!