Oh hey there! How are you enjoying this fall weather? I must admit I am a fan, I like being able to wear boots and cute sweaters and jacket. I can promise you once them temp drops below 50 I will not be this happy, I am not a winter person!
I am however a peanut butter person! I love love peanut butter! As part of the Foodbuzz tastemaker program with the National Peanut Butter Board I received 2 containers of Planters Peanut Butter!
I was totally pumped to find that this peanut butter didn’t have a whole bunch of added sugar and only had 3g of sugar! The taste is amazing, I am usually a crunchy peanut butter lover but let’s be honest peanut butter in any form is pretty awesome! The peanut butter was really smooth and creamy and perfect for toast, topping a bowl of oats or making these tasty treasures…
Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies
Prep time: 5 mins + 20 mins in the refrigerator to set
Bake time: 8-12 mins
Yield: 15-20 cookies depending on the size
- 1 1/2 c Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- optional: 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 c smooth natural peanut butter
- 1/2 c honey (easier with liquid honey)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- optional: 1/2 c chocolate or carob chips
- Combine dry ingredients
- Combine moist ingredients
- Mix dry and moist ingredients together.
- Cool in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Drop teaspoons of batter on a parchment-lined cookie sheet or baking sheet for cookies.
- Flatten with a fork if you like.
- Bake at 375 for 8-12 minutes – edges will be slightly browned – be careful not to burn as honey browns fast.
Things you could also make with peanut butter are
But you should really go make these cookies, I know you most likely have the ingredients in your cabinets!
Disclaimer: I received Planters Peanut Butter as a part of the FoodBuzz tastemaker program. I did not receive any compensation for this and the thoughts and opinions are my own.